Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Title: Fangirl
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Rating: 5/5

          I really enjoyed reading Fangirl. I think that I liked it about the same as I did Eleanor and Park. Rainbow knows how to write books that appeal to her audience and she creates characters that are easy to relate to.
         Her setting, although typical was an essential part to her story and I feel like she choose the perfect time and place for the events to happen.
         One of my favorite things with any book are the characters. I feel that they make the story. As I mentioned before she creates characters that most people can relate to. Cath, the main character is the one that people can mostly relate to.Her obsession with the Simon Snow world is so similar to the way people acted and continue to act about the Harry Potter Series. Wren was a character so important to the story but at the begging she wasn't really there. Most of the things we learned from Cath or assumed from the information we were given. It's very sad what happens to Wren but I think that it was most definitely important to the story line. Levi was awesome. He was so friendly and outgoing that it made me want to be his friend. Reagan was my second favorite character. I love that she was funny and mean but not  overwhelmingly so and she was really rational. I didn't like Nick at all, his person, I mean. The relationships in this novel are so real and so true.
              I personally did not relate to Cath as much as some other people. I never went way fangirl over a book as much as she did. So I didn't understand that as much as other readers do. I also was upset that it ended. I mean it ended in a good spot but I wanted to read more, but when dont I want more from a book when it's over.
             Fangirl deserves the 5/5 because of the way the book was written and the characters. Rainbow Rowell is an amazing author and I reccomend this book.


Comment below and let me know if you guys have read this and enjoyed it. If you wrote a review leave a link. And if you haven't well let me know if you are planning to.


No comments:

Post a Comment