Saturday, January 25, 2014

Review: Linked by Imogen Howson

Title: Linked
Author: Imogen Howson
Rating: 4.5/ 5

My Review: I really loved this book It was one of those books that I haven't heard too much about but that I think should have more buzz about it.

As always with me I like the characters. And I think that good characters are a must. In this story we have set of girls who are twins and this society doesn't really allow them and what they use them for is really bad but I can't tell you what it is. The twins Lissa and Lin couldn't be any more different. Perhaps Lissa was a privileged girl but what she goes through from the other kids in school and the way her mother treats her is horrid. And yet she remains able to trust them until they prove otherwise. Lin, she's the one who can't trust anybody and she doesn't understand that she has to be careful not to hurt people unless they do something to her. Cadan, their brothers best friend is an amazing person. He's understanding and sweet and everything you could want in a male character, except the "bad boy" part. At the begging though he seems like a real jerk who is really mean to Lissa but his attitude is kind of justified. He thought she was a spoiled brat who was pretending to have really bad headaches to get what she wanted. He risks his career and everything for her and yes I know that's a  bit cliche but it doesn't make it any less sweet. He was probably my favorite character. Bruce, who is the brother, isn't all that important so I don't have much of an opinion. The parent though they are so different. The mother, I feel like slapping her across the face for what she does to both Lissa and Lin, like how could you do that to your children, seriously? The dad he needs to develop a backbone I think but I do give him props for helping the two girls and for wanting to see the one. And then what we find out towards the end is pretty shocking.

Ok and now the random little things I noticed.
        I really enjoyed how around every corner there was something new and most of the time unexpected. And the world, that was just wow, all of the electrical and mechanical things were pretty amazing. I just wish I could have seen more of it. I liked how it was a romance but it wasn't dominate at all, but it was there. Also, it was a pretty graphic story and very descriptive in the spacecraft scenes but not too bad. The one thing that I did not like was the ending. It felt semi rushed and although it was already a pretty big book I thing that another 50ish pages wouldn't have made that much of a difference. And there's a sequel that I'm a little flustered about. But I'm kind of not.


Let me know if you've read it and what you thought.








No comments:

Post a Comment